So you have chosen your dress. Well, here are 10 things to consider taking care of after you’ve found your perfect wedding dress.
- Select your Shoes– The shoes you plan to wear on your wedding day are a must have for the first fitting, as the height of the heel will completely determine the hem length of your gown. Wear them around the house so you avoid any discomfort on your wedding day.
- Order Your Bridesmaid Dresses– Now that you know the style of your wedding dress you can start researching bridesmaid dresses and colours that will flatter your dress and pull the look together.
- Wedding Jewelry– Start thinking about the accent pieces that will accentuate your look on your special day. Remember to bring the pieces with you when you go for a fitting.
- Undergarments– Start hunting for the perfect undergarments. Try to combine comfort and looks, you have to wear them all day.
- Start Eating Healthy– Most of us want to lose weight before the big day. Eating healthy is better than dieting.
- Start thinking about Hair and Makeup– Select a stylist and choose a couple of different styles – remember to take photos so you can reference at a later date when you make your final choice.
- Pick a Hiding Spot – Once your fittings are done and your gown is ready for the aisle, you’ll need a place to store it where your groom can’t sneak a peek. Psst – Some salons will hold it until just days before the wedding (start there!).
- Have a good Seamstress – If your bridal boutique doesn’t offer alterations, you’ll need to find a seamstress. Since wedding dresses are a specialty make sure you ask if they have experience in this field. If your wedding dress is silk you want to make sure they have worked with fine fabrics. Don’t wait until your wedding dress arrives to start this search. Be sure they have worked with fine fabrics. Don’t wait until your wedding dress arrives to start this search.