Barcelona Bridal Week is a highly anticipated fashion event that takes place annually in Barcelona, Spain.
This event is one of the biggest international platforms for bridal fashion, showcasing the latest trends and designs from some of the world’s most renowned designers. We had an amazing weekend at the end of April and cannot wait for the new dresses to arrive.
Below is a rundown of the hottest bridal dress trends coming out of Barcelona Bridal Week for 2024.
1. The biggest trend for 2024 seems to be the return of the ball gown. This classic silhouette has been given a modern twist with interesting detailing and unique fabrics. Designers are using textured fabrics, like jacquard and brocade, to add depth and richness to the dresses. They are also incorporating ruffles, pleats, and bows to create a contemporary take on the classic ball gown.
2. Ombre: Ombre is a trend that has been making its way into the bridal fashion world in recent years, and it shows no signs of slowing down in 2024. From soft pastels to bold, dramatic hues, ombre is a beautiful way to add a pop of color to your wedding dress. Choose a dress that fades from one shade to another, or opt for a gown with a subtle gradient effect.
3. Sleeves: sleeves are back in a big way, and they are perfect for brides who want to add a touch of drama to their wedding dress. Whether you opt for a long, voluminous sleeve or a more delicate, sheer option, this trend is all about making a statement. Puff sleeves with a simple, timeless silhouette balance out the drama.
4. High-low hemlines and split skirts have been an emerging trend in previous seasons and are going nowhere.. This design detail adds interest to dresses as it creates an asymmetrical look. Designers are using this trend to showcase their intricate details on the front of the dress while still having traditional coverage on the back. Perfect for brides who want a dress that is unique and fun yet still elegant.
5. Sparkles are back! Several designers showcased stunning dresses with intricate beading, shimmering sequins, and delicate metallic threadwork, all contributing to a magical and glamorous effect on the runway. Whether it was a full-length gown or a chic mini-dress, sparkle and shine were definitely one of the highlights of the fashion event.
With love, Shauna xx